VM Explorer Practitioner Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

VM Explorer 6.1.002 Forever Incremental ?

Wok
Occasional Visitor

VM Explorer 6.1.002 Forever Incremental ?

[ Edited ]

Does HPE VM Explorer have the ability to do "forever incremental"

I have some large VM's that i need to have a few weeks of "versions" of backups.  The logical solution would be to take a full every 2 weeks then daily incrementals.  The problem I run into doing it this way is 2 fold.

1. The full that runs every 2 weeks takes forever because of the large VM's and I have so many of them they will overlap.

2. Once that new full is taken it deletes the incrementals and then i start new with no versions until they build up.

I would like VM explorer to have the ability to roll the incrementals into the full that is at the backup destination.... this way i would only have to take 1 full for each huge VM, and i would always have a consistent good set of "versions"

I have like 90 servers to backup.

thanks

1 REPLY
Visitor

Re: VM Explorer 6.1.002 Forever Incremental ?

VM Explorer cannot do Forever Incremental. I've been waiting for this feature for over 2 years. It's currently the most requested feature on VM Explorer Uservoice page.

https://trilead.uservoice.com/forums/206865-vm-explorer-features/suggestions/6325435-ability-to-merge-incremental-backup-into-full-back

Feature was tagged as planned but not sure if/when this feature will be released.