Virtualization
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP9000 containers and SRP issue - strange message when trying to create SRP...

SOLVED
Go to solution
Trusted Contributor

HP9000 containers and SRP issue - strange message when trying to create SRP...

I'm trying to set up my first "HP9000 container" using the HP900 container software and SRP software.

I've installed the latest versions (v3) and following the latest HP9000 containers admin guide....did a fbackup of my source system and succesfully (well, no errors!) restored to a "new system container root", /var/hpsrp/newone directory using the HP9000 container restore process.

Next step was to run the

srp -add newone -t hp9000sys

command, which seems to work fine until it gets here :-

Configuring software distributor ...
Configuring DNS Resolver ...                    ddd
Configuring device files ...            d
Deleting unsupported services ...
Unmatched [ in regex; marked by <-- HERE q!$/ at /opt/hpcmgr/lib/Cmgr/Sysbuild9000.pm line 775.

Deleting partially added container "newone".

Has anyone else come accross this?  Also not sure what the random "d"'s are from either yet!

1 REPLY 1
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: HP9000 containers and SRP issue - strange message when trying to create SRP...

...I eventually found the problem...for some reason, there were some random fileswith control characters in /sbin/init.d on the source system - and these were backed up and restored by fbackup.  When the "srp -add" script came along, it didn't understand what they were and errored out.  The files had werid escape codes and "d"'s - and this was what was causing the random "d"'s in the output below.  Once these files were deleted, all was OK and the srp -add worked perfectly...