Re: IntegrityVM : Offline-migration and missing boot-disk

SOLVED
Go to solution
Danny Petterson - DK
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: IntegrityVM : Offline-migration and missing boot-disk

Hi everybody!

First - thanks to everyone for taking interest.

Torsten:
Only the VSP running HPVM 6.1 is using NFS-mount, The 4.2 host is using local disk - I tried to discribe that in my initial post.

Stan:
Good idea - however enablement of the enumeration did not solve it.

Beside that:
When looking at the output on the two VSP's, "hpvmdevmgmt -l all" shows a distinct difference for the guest-disks, where the target-system is aware of the NFS-disk - I DID hope it would only look at the path, not the way the disk was presented to the VSP. But it was painfully aware of the NFS-circumstances, which I suspect is the reason it won't work. And yes, it was mounted with all the right NFS-options for HPVM (hard, tcp, version 3).

So this is what I ended up doing:

-Preview export to mapfile of the VG with the filesystem where all the VM's reside - on the source-system
-Move the mapfile to the target-system, import it, activate it in read-only mode and mount it as read-only
-Shutdown all VM's on the source-system, and migrate them to the target
-Unmount and deactivate the VG on the source
-Unmount, deactivate and reactivate/mount in rw-mode on the targest-system
-Startup the VM's on the target

Not at all as flexible as I would have liked it to be, and not possible to test-migrate a few VM's at the time - but it worked.

Thanks again everybody - does anyone have some further academic input for this scenario, please share it, it would be very interesting.

Kind regards
Danny