1751893 Members
5175 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VM HOST Redundancy

astrotaz

VM HOST Redundancy

Hi,

I'm new to Virtualization on HP-UX and I'm trying understand how a VMHOST is redundant.

I have a good grasp of virtualization on AIX with VIO, where you would create 2 vio servers , which would service the virtual resources to the virtual lpars.   If one vio server was to fail , the second would pick up without causing an outage to every lpar on the frame.

Is there a similar case using HP VMHOST ,  can you create 2 VM Hosts and have them work as primary secondary to provide redundancy in the case the VM host fails?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Servers > Integrity Servers to HP-UX > virtualization - HP Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
S_Logan
HPE Pro

Hi Moderator,

Please move this  post under Virtualization - HPUX

Thanks

S_Logan

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Emil Velez_2
Trusted Contributor

if you want redundancy of a virtual machine that automatically fails over if the vm host fails you would configure the VM as a serviceguard package.
Emil Velez
Instructor Storage, Servers, HP-UX and Partner Courses
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Education Services
Ask me about training on StoreServ (3PAR) StoreOnce, StoreEasy, StoreAll, StoreVirtual, HP-UX, ServiceGuard and HPE Partner Ready Certification Training

internet: Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/emilvelez

HPE Master ASE Server Solutions Architect V3
HPE Master ASE Storage Solutions Architect V2
HP UNIX Certified (ASE HPUX 11iv3 Administration V1)
Certified HPE Instructor
HPE Product Certified - OneView [2016]
HP Sales Certified -Servers, Converged Systems and Services [2015]
HPE Product Certified - Converged Solutions [2017]