6294 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VM Manager install problems

Cosmin Pascu
Occasional Contributor

VM Manager install problems

Hello,

I have an HP rx3600 server in testing and i have encountered some problems while trying to install virtual machines over the host OS (UP-UX v3).

I tried to install VM Manager, as an extension of HP SIM. Therefore, I installed HP-SIM and VSE Management Software but there are no VM Manager specific options which indicates me that VM Manager isnтАЩt installed correctly.

As i have read in the HP Integrity Virtual Machines Manager Getting Started Guide:

Installing VM Manager on HP SIM
On HP SIM, system requirements for installing VM Manager are the same as requirements for installing VSE Management Software. (For these requirements, see the VSE Management Software Installation and Update Guide.) You must have a license for at least one other component of VSE Management Software, such as, Virtualization Manager. You cannot access the functionality in VM Manager unless you have a license for and have installed Integrity VM on at least one system to be managed through your licensed VSE Management Software components.
For centralized Integrity VM management capabilities, install the VSEMgmt bundle (containing the HP SIM VM Manager).

Does this mean i have to install Integrity VM on another OS than CMS? (As far as i know, Integrity VM doesnтАЩt work on HP-UX v3, only on v2).

I am asking for suggestions or guides on how to run the above-mentioned software products on the rx3600 we have in testing, in order to run virtual machines over HP-UX.

Thank you in advance for your help :)
Cosmin
2 REPLIES 2
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Re: VM Manager install problems

Hi Cosmin,

Yes currently 11iv3 is not (yet) supported to run VSE as the host. The new version of VSE should be released this month or next month.

Have a look at this thread.

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1263368

Best regards,
Robert-Jan
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

Re: VM Manager install problems

you cannot use an 11iv3 OS host for Virtual Machines, until the 0809 Update (Update 3) for 11iv3, due out the end of this month.
This will also be the release date for V4 of HP IVM software, which is the release specifically for HP-UX 11iv3
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!