5509 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: change lan instance in vpar hpux 11.23

gigiz
Valued Contributor

change lan instance in vpar hpux 11.23

Hi guys,

i have cloned two systems from a two 11.23 clter crs node.

Now one of my cloned system has changed a lan istance and is different  from a orinal image node.

This is a problem for a oracle CRS that want a same lan name in all node.

The problem is:

I have 1 vparCrs1 e vparxx in npar rx8640

and

1 vparCRS2 e vparxx in npar rx7640.

my cluster crs is formed between vparCrs1and vparCRS2

how to change a lan instace in 11.23 itanium vparCrs1 ?

i Need too change

lan14 to lan6

lan0 to lan1    I.

Exist a specific procedure for a vpar?

Help me.

4 REPLIES 4
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

As far as I know, there is nothing vPar-specific in this procedure: you can do it by using "ioinit -f" and rebooting, just like on a non-vPar system. See "man ioinit" for more information.

MK
gigiz
Valued Contributor

Are you sure Mat?
Can you give a procedure ?
If you have a vpar test do you can try for me the procedure in npar mode?
gigiz
Valued Contributor

Ops i mean in vpar mode .... sorry
Thank a lot
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

It's been a long time since I did this, but I think this procedure should do it:

• First, disable the autoboot setting on the vPar you wish to modify, so that you will be able to easily start it into single-user mode. (If autoboot is enabled, the vPar may boot directly to full multiuser mode before you can interrupt it.)
  • Write an input file for ioinit. Each line should have three columns: the hardware path of a LAN instance, the device class name ("lan") and the instance number you wish that LAN instance to have (just the number, not the "lan" prefix). Use the output of the "lanscan" command as a reference of the hardware paths and their current instance numbers. The columns should be separated by spaces. See "man ioinit" for more information and an example.
  • Boot the vPar to single-user mode, then run: /sbin/ioinit -f <the_input_file> -r within the vPar.
  • If the ioinit command accepted your input file, it will make the changes and the vPar will automatically reboot. If not, fix the errors in the file and run the ioinit command again.
  • Boot the vPar into single-user mode again, and use "lanscan" to verify the LAN instance numbers are now correct. Edit /etc/rc.config.d/netconf to match the new LAN instance numbers.
  • Bring the vPar to full multiuser mode, and test it to make sure the network connectivity works as expected. Check the system logs (mainly /etc/rc.log) to verify that there are no error messages caused by syntax errors or other mistakes.
  • Remember to re-enable autoboot on the vPar if it was originally enabled.
MK