1752812 Members
5946 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: vPar boot fails

Root user
Advisor

vPar boot fails

The Integrity rx8620 contains 2 nPars and several vPars.

nPar#0 and nPar#1 has 2 and 4 vPars respectively.

All the vpars are configured to boot from EVA.
Particular vpars in both npars fails while rebooting them and the error messages found in console output of MP is attached.
This boot issue does not occur always and it heads up at sometime.

We thought it might be an issue caused by the Virtual Partitions monitor and we have updated it from A.05.05 to A.05.07 latest version and the issue remains still.

Any suggestions to overcome this issue is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

Looking at the attachment, I would suggest you investigate your SAN/cabling/EVA as the "paths" appear to be having issues.
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Root user
Advisor

@melvyn burnard,

We have checked the paths and the LUNs are seems to be right.

This issue of boot fail does not occur always and it boots fine many times. But without any changes in SAN connectivity,cabling,EVA configurations after a few number of successful reboots, it fails to boot with those error messages.

We are able to overcome this issue if we reset the nPar or the failing vpar. But after few number of successful reboots, it again fails to boot.

Hope I have put more light on the issue.

Turgay Cavdar
Honored Contributor

This message means that your LUN is replaced or the storage is reconfigured for your lunpaths.You can check with :
vpar_0# scsimgr get_info -C lunpath -I 47

in "Open or Close state", you should see "authentication failure". If the changes on SAN is ok for you, you can use scsimgr replace_wwid command to validate your changes.