1752795 Members
6136 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

vparmodify error

pereirch

vparmodify error

vparmodify error adding CPU's to existing system.

I am not able to add any more CPU's to the existing VPAR:

The command used is vparmodify –p usrnv562 –a cpu:0/128

vparmodify Error: "-a cpu:0/128": CPU is not a core.  Please use ioscan(1M) to determine core CPU paths.

vparmodify Error: "-a cpu:0/130": CPU is not a core.  Please use ioscan(1M) to determine core CPU paths.

vparmodify Error: "-a cpu:0/132": CPU is not a core.  Please use ioscan(1M) to determine core CPU paths.

vparmodify Error: "-a cpu:0/133": CPU is not a core.  Please use ioscan(1M) to determine core CPU paths.

vparmodify Error: "-a cpu:0/134": CPU is not a core.  Please use ioscan(1M) to determine core CPU paths.

vparmodify Error: "-a cpu:1/128": CPU is not a core.  Please use ioscan(1M) to determine core CPU paths.

ioscan shows that the hardware paths are available...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. This thread has been moved from Servers>Integrity Servers to HP-UX>virtualization- Forum Moderator

chris
2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: vparmodify error

Better to ask such questions in hp-ux forum, not in server forum.

However, you should at least tell the server model and OS/vpars version. An ioscan and vparstatus output would be helpful too.

I prefer to handle CPU only by a count of number, not by hardware path. Why not let the system decide what CPU to add?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Stan_M
HPE Pro

Re: vparmodify error

Run vparstatus -d to get list of assignable CPUs.

The numbers you have given are most likely the HyperThreads of some CPU core (0/128 being HT sibling of 0/120 etc). You cannot split HTs to different vPars. Assignable entity is CPU core not CPU thread.

HTH

Stan

I work for HPE