1752808 Members
5552 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

HPe-Aruba-WAN-MPLS

haxelfebl
Occasional Visitor

HPe-Aruba-WAN-MPLS

Ok, to put this into some context I have a dozen remote sites. Two HPE5406 cores and hpe 2920's (J9729) switches. Most of our remote sites were connected via VPN previously and I had one or two sites where we had dark fiber and I just passed a few vlan's down to the 2920 as if they were on another floor of the building.

10.0.0.0.1 So now I've got most of my sites that will be switching to MPLS, in total I'll end up with having 18. Each remote site has at least two vlan's. I could just make the vlan's on my core and pass the vlan's down, the ethernet port their plugged into.

Or do I make a new vlan on the primary, and the remote, create 192.168.1.254 an IP range with two IP's in it ie /30. Put an IP on each side. And create static routes to get to each direction? The question is, is it needed?

At the remote sites, their phone system is on the same vlan as the phone, and won't need to route between the two vlan's at the site. And aside from a major ISP hickup or a truck hitting a pole the sites should be up.

How does everyone else handle this?

1 REPLY 1
akg7
HPE Pro

Re: HPe-Aruba-WAN-MPLS

Hello,

Sorry but the issue is not clear, what exactly you are looking for?
Is it possible to share network topology along with clear issue description?

Thanks!
Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo