5017 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion ī„‚

Need to view HPE 6802 Router Traffic

Muthukumar1
Frequent Advisor

Need to view HPE 6802 Router Traffic

HI Team,

Which display command help to view the traffic based on source and desination details on HPE 6802 Router.

Thanks 

Muthukumar

5 REPLIES 5
Ivan_B
HPE Pro

Re: Need to view HPE 6802 Router Traffic

Hi @Muthukumar1 !

What exactly are you trying to achieve this time? Router's job is to forward traffic, not to demosntrate it to you. Any details about your idea will be extremely helpful in order to assess if your request is achievable at all.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Muthukumar1
Frequent Advisor

HI,

Just we want know the total traffic packets count accordingly based on source and destination. I hope this is possible other HPE Router.

Ivan_B
HPE Pro

Check 'NetStream' feature, but you need properly set infrastructure for it, just a router is not enough.

A typical NetStream system includes the following elements:
ā€¢ NetStream data exporterā€”A device configured with NetStream. The NDE provides the following functions:
ō€» - Classifies traffic flows by using the 7-tuple elements.
ō€» - Collects data from the classified flows.
ō€» - Aggregates and exports the data to the NSC.
ā€¢ NetStream collectorā€”A program running in an operation system. The NSC parses the packets received from the NDEs, and saves the data to its database.
ā€¢ NetStream data analyzerā€”A network traffic analyzing tool. Based on the data in NSC, the NDA generates reports for traffic billing, network planning, and attack detection and monitoring. The NDA can collect data from multiple NSCs. Typically, the NDA features a Web-based system for easy operation.

NSC and NDA are typically integrated into a NetStream server. Hewlett Packard Enterprise network devices act as NDEs in the NetStream system.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Muthukumar1
Frequent Advisor

HI team,

Ok. Our clarification is whether possible to see the packets transfer details in Router itself?

Ivan_B
HPE Pro

If I understand your query correctly, there is no such feature in HSR routers. Could you give me a example of a feature you know from other HPE network equipment or even from different vendor that is close to what you are trying to achieve?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo