Web and Unmanaged
1748138 Members
3636 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 1920 QoS classifier - DSCP greyed out?

Nik Hall
Occasional Contributor

1920 QoS classifier - DSCP greyed out?

Hi folks,

I am having an issue with my 1920 swicthes whereby the DSCP and other options are greyed out in my classifier setup page?

On my 1910 swicthes I dont have this problem?

Hopefully screenshot attached will help.

Thanks in advance,

Nik

4 REPLIES 4
16again
Respected Contributor

Same here.
Can't you get around this limitation by filtering on DSCP in ACL

Nik Hall
Occasional Contributor

Well...maybe.

What I am trying to achieve is QoS for all VoIP traffic for our mitel phone system.  The phones tag their traffic, as I understand it, with DSCP value of 46.  I want to use what should be standard switch functionality to look for this and assign it a higher priority over normal trafffic on my switches.

This is new to me so i followed the manual as such.

I'm looking at what you have suggested but i'm not sure that it will achieve the same without setting out a seperate IP range for my phones?

I dont have many to contend with, <10 in total.  I am however getting bandwidth errors on the phones indicating that i need to implement QoS.

None of my 1920 switches are allowing me to do this which makes me wonder if i'm missing something or its a really major bug??

Nik

16again
Respected Contributor

If the phones and pbx already tag the dscp value, just trust the dscp value on ports connecting the phones.   This will automatically use proper queue for voip packets

Nik Hall
Occasional Contributor

i'll give that a try, thanks for the assist!

Still seems strange that the functionality isnt working though...do I need to report it as a bug or something do you think?