Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 X 1810G-24 & 1 X 2824

rogerp_1
Frequent Advisor

3 X 1810G-24 & 1 X 2824

Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice and help. I have just got 3 HP Procurve 1810g Switch and would like to introduce them into my existing network, currently we have only one Procurve 2824 gb switch. My goal is to have all 4 switch's working together.

We have no VLAN's, just 1 flat network.

I'd like to know how to Port Trunk these all together and also if its possibe to have some sort of protection on the lot.

Also if there's any thing else i should be doing.

Thanks guys
6 REPLIES
Shadow13
Respected Contributor

Re: 3 X 1810G-24 & 1 X 2824

will what is exactly in ur mind when you talk about trunk? do you want redundant links between the switches ?
rogerp_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi mate,

These 1810 are doing my brains in, I'm sure there's something wrong with them, they keep loosin there ip addresses and configs.

All i want is 2 network cables from my 2824 to each of the 1810's.

do you know of any problems, i've setup basic trucks in the past and never had so many problems.

InsightNetworksAu
Occasional Visitor

I'm having difficulties with the management dissapearing and the switch becoming static. Needs to reboot to get it workin againt.

The gentleman that is having trouble with the ip address and settings going, you need to go down to the 'maintenance' option in the management and make sure you 'save configuration' the configuration or it doesnt stick? I don't take you for an idiot but I fell victim to this orginally.
rogerp_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi Mate,

I found the fix / problem, and yup one of them is after you configure the unit and hit the apply button you MUST go into the maintance menu and select SAVE, could not belive it, but also found that HP have a major problem with these switchs, ended up calling HP and found out there is a secret firmware, its not been release to general public yet, the HP chap email me the file and now its 1.16 and all seems good.

So thanks for all this guys up on this post.

Regards
DSV12
Frequent Advisor

> and now its 1.16 and all seems good.

I think so too... But after ~40 hours my 1810g with P.1.16 lost connectivity. Same, as was the case with previous versions of firmware.

While I wrote this sentence, this 1810G lost management again! This time it's happened quicker, in about 25-26 hours.
rogerp_1
Frequent Advisor

dam, thats not good news, and puts me in a position, I've just deployed these switchs in a live site.

Have you been going into the Maintance section and actually hitting the button SAVE,