1753420 Members
4815 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

3COM 3CDSG8/hp v1900 8g

edit-Insert
Occasional Visitor

3COM 3CDSG8/hp v1900 8g

The switch being used lost the image on a power outage.  I have changed the boot area and it appears all areas have lost the image.  I can connect via console but cant seem to get the switch to accept the image I believe to be correct oc801_00_05A.bin 

I am looking for detailed instructions on how to do this.  I realize this is legacy equipment, but the environment I'm in, it is unfortunately necessary.  Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
edit-Insert
Occasional Visitor

Re: 3COM 3CDSG8/hp v1900 8g

It should also be noted, I have a copy of the "correct" image (noted in original post) as well as a working image on another of the same switch model however it is a different image.  oc801_00_01.bin

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Try here.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
edit-Insert
Occasional Visitor

Unfortunately this is only a link to software and release notes.  When I try to send the .bin file to the switch (TeraTerm) via xModem but nothing ever populates in the transfer status window.  I tried the send file command (with and without binary selected) I get constant Invalid Commands, perhaps 1000 of them during the entire transfer.  Towards the end I receive Flash ID: 0xc249 then Rx Buf ... I've tried lowering the baud rate to 19k and still no joy.  When trying different baud rates, I only see wing dings and symbol characters unless I use 38400, 8 none 1.  The only commands I have got to give any sort of feedback are the ones mentioned in the fixes I've found on other forums.

w 2 f - changes the boot area, no joy

CTRL C - interrupts boot sequence

No other CLI commands give positive feedback.  I don't ever see anything I type in.  Not even the first command I mentioned.

I just need detailed instructions on how to send this .bin file to my switch.  Replacement is not an option at this moment.

KenLowe

Did you find out how to upload the image file?

I'm having the same problem with the "no valid image" boot message.  I had no luck with CTRL-C then "w 2 f" command.

Thanks for any assistance.