3522 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: About Link Aggregation

3tolga
Frequent Visitor

About Link Aggregation

Hi

I've 1910-24p switch and a computer with 2 onboard intel ethernet adapter. I've tried to link aggregation for performance use. Intel software makes it almost automatic. From 1910's interface, i chose port to aggregation, and i make link-type:trunk from vlan menu. Then i checked network properties, it says 2gbps for team ethernet. computer can use internet, but here is my problem: Other computers cannot connect the computer has team, even cannot ping the ip.

My system is simple. a few computers and only file sharing. Can any one help me??

P.S. This thread has been moved from Switching > Switches, Hubs, Modems (Legacy ITRC forum) >  to Web and Unmanaged - HP Forum moderator

8 REPLIES 8
David_Schwartzs
Honored Contributor

Since you can access the internet from the computer in question, I'll conclude that your IP settings are valid in at least that regard.

With the above assumed, I can think of three possibilities for why this isn't working:

1) Your computer has firewall or other internet security software installed preventing incoming communications & ping responses.

2) Your computer is on a different IP subnet than your other computers, and there's no gateway or router defined with a valid route between the subnets.

3) Your computer is not on the same VLAN as the other computers. (Remember - even if the individual ports were made members of the appropriate VLAN, the TRUNK itself must be made a member of the appropriate VLANs after the trunk is created.)

Hope these suggestions help.
Regards,
--
David Schwartzstein
IT Channel Sales Expert / Solutions Architect

Currently looking for my next opportunity - http://www.linkedin.com/in/pctechyoda

If my post solves your problem, please kindly take a moment to mark my post as a solution. Thank you.
3tolga
Frequent Visitor

First of all thanks for your reply.

When i read your message i see that its not about: firewall, antivirus, subnets or ip's.

But this;

3) Your computer is not on the same VLAN as the other computers. (Remember - even if the individual ports were made members of the appropriate VLAN, the TRUNK itself must be made a member of the appropriate VLANs after the trunk is created.)

I th─▒nk its just the answer but can you give me more details about this please. 

There is no vlan on my system, so i will use the team with default vlan. so how can i create the trunk with default vlan or pvid or else.

David_Schwartzs
Honored Contributor

If you haven't setup VLANs, everything should be defaulted to the default VLAN (VLAN 1) anyway so it shouldn't be an issue.

Can the computer that you're trying to use the trunk with ping your other computers on the network? I know you can't ping it from those other computers, wondering if it works the other way around.

Also, when you setup the trunk, did you setup as Static (LACP disabled) or Dynamic (LACP enabled)? You may want to try simply re-creating the trunk and trying the different mode combinations.

Also, as a control test, try dissolving the trunk and disconnecting one of the NIC ports, and see if with a single link the other computers can reach your serving computer properly.
Regards,
--
David Schwartzstein
IT Channel Sales Expert / Solutions Architect

Currently looking for my next opportunity - http://www.linkedin.com/in/pctechyoda

If my post solves your problem, please kindly take a moment to mark my post as a solution. Thank you.
3tolga
Frequent Visitor

"Can the computer that you're trying to use the trunk with ping your other computers on the network? I know you can't ping it from those other computers, wondering if it works the other way around."

Yes. The computer with trunk can ping others successfully. But non of them can ping it back.

Also, when you setup the trunk, did you setup as Static (LACP disabled) or Dynamic (LACP enabled)? You may want to try simply re-creating the trunk and trying the different mode combinations.

I did try both.

Also, as a control test, try dissolving the trunk and disconnecting one of the NIC ports, and see if with a single link the other computers can reach your serving computer properly.

Yes sure i check it with one connection and there is no problem.

I want to ask that, should i "tag" the team ports for a default vlan?

Vince_Whirlwind
Trusted Contributor

No. VLANs have nothing to do with link aggregation.

Get rid of the "trunk" config (change it back to access) and configure a matching Link aggregation ID on the two ports. Just leave it in VLAN 1.

3tolga
Frequent Visitor

I've solved situation. Thanks for help.

oikjn
Honored Contributor

how?

3tolga
Frequent Visitor

uninstalled vmware and disabled windows firewall.