Web and Unmanaged
1753645 Members
6061 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Cannot Connect to Web Interface ProCurve Manager (PCM) on HP ProCurve 1810G-24 Switch J9450A

rstevens

Re: Cannot Connect to Web Interface ProCurve Manager (PCM) on HP ProCurve 1810G-24 Switch J9450A

For factory reset, make sure you're connecting ports 1 & 2, (vertical) rather than 1 & 3 (horizontal). Easy mistake to make, and it caught me out for a few minutes, particularly since the factory reset LED sequence looks the same as the normal startup sequence.

TorstenLaier

Better late than never...

I hade the same issue. Nothing helped but changing the DHCP-Scope for my client the way it assigned an IP in the scope of 192.168.2.x. A static assigned IP was not working.

I haven't connected directly either but from another switch via an uplink. The IP of the switch was in deed 192.168.2.10/24 so the client had to be on the same subnet, else the return packages might not be delivered.

I was then able to ping (which was not possible with a static IP) and had access to the web-Admin. Please try

Firmware of the switch was P2.22.

rlaspari

Hi.  Has this issue been figured out?  I am having a similar issue.  I have an HP ProCurve 1810-24G (J9450A) running P.2.24.  I can ping it no problem from the same network regardless of how I'm physically connected (via other unamanged switches attached to this switch, etc.), but the web interface only works if I physically connect to one of the 1810's switch ports directly.  Is there a setting somewhere that restricts this?  I have a previous generation 1810-24G (J9803A) running PL.2.10 configured the exact same way and I can connect to the web interface from anywhere on the same network including connections from other unmanaged switches, WiFi, etc.  Was there some sort of MAC security feature introduced in this model?  NO documumentation mention anywhere!