HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Web and Unmanaged
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change my management vlan ID

LukaPin
Occasional Contributor

Cannot change my management vlan ID

Hello.  I have a problem changing my switch's management vlan ID. Whenever I want to apply the setting the page keeps loading forever. I also noticed that web management on chrome is missing a few buttons.

I am using hp 1820-24g switch j9980a with it's latest firmware.

Any ideas about my problem?

2 REPLIES
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: Cannot change my management vlan ID

Was your management host - from which you're initially managing your Switch - moved to a VLAN Id 2 untaggeed port (from being connected to a VLAN Id 1 untagged port) or, at least, moved on a port that is untagged on VLAN Id 1 and tagged on VLAN Id 2 so it can reach VLAN Id 2 Management IP just after the change? or am I missing anything else?

Edit: WAN Routing- no WAN Routing issue here - is clearly wrong as HPE Community's thread category...better to ask moderator to move this thread into the correct category at Web and Unmanaged here.

LukaPin
Occasional Contributor

Re: Cannot change my management vlan ID

After I applied the changes made to my management vlan ID port I did try connecting to the newly assigned port, It did not make any difference - loading was stuck in a loop. I also tried wating for changes by staying connected to the default port for more than 10 minutes.

Whatever I tried the loading was stuck in a loop. I tried both tagged and untagged ports, too.