1748224 Members
4397 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Changes to Switches

WZNTME

Changes to Switches

Hello Everyone, new to the group...

I currently have HP 2610/2620 switches and in process of upgrading them to HPE 1950 switches..

I exported the running config from the 2610 and one from a default installed 1950 and they are way different.. Im assuming it has something to do between Procurve/Aruba/etc/etc merging..

So my question really is, is there a conversion tool that goes between the two switches?? Convert my 2610 config into the 1950 config..

Any and all help appreciated!!!!!!

1 REPLY 1
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: Changes to Switches

WZNTME wrote: Im assuming it has something to do between Procurve/Aruba/etc/etc merging..

Not really: the Aruba 2620 Switch Series is the rebranded HP ProCurve 2620 Switch Series which was HP ProVision embedded OS based; actually - on the Aruba 2620 (RA Software Branch) - the ArubaOS-Switch is the new name of its embedded OS (ArubaOS-Switch is basically the old ProVision OS rebranded and developed after that HPE acquired Aruba).

I believe that the HP ProCurve 2610 wasn't moved into HPE Aruba portfolio because was already declared End of Sales long time ago (EoS date: May, 2012).

The HPE OfficeConnect 1950 Switch Series instead uses (and always used) Comware 7 as embedded OS.

WZNTME wrote: So my question really is, is there a conversion tool that goes between the two switches?? Convert my 2610 config into the 1950 config..

Any and all help appreciated!!!!!!

AFAIK, no there isn't...but there is a nice 628 pages long HPE Solutions Series guide named "Aruba HPE Networking and Cisco CLI Reference Guide (Version 3.2)" (mid 2016, free download) that compares many of the common CLI commands respectively in three switch operating systems:

• legacy HPE ProVision (now ArubaOS-Switch)
  • HPE Comware 5 and HPE Comware 7 (grouped together)
  • Cisco IOS

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner