New Discussion юеВ

Re: Dot1x and Port security enable

SOLVED
Go to solution
RAMAKIRAN
Occasional Contributor

Dot1x and Port security enable

Hi..Everybody...

I am going to enabling dot1x authentication process in comware version switches.and some of the ports has been connected to Printers.dot1x will not work on Printers ports.so for printer ports what security need to enable.please suggest any one solution for this query.i am struck in the process...

3 REPLIES 3
Shruthi_L
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello 

Based on your query I understand you are looking for security feature to be configured on switch ports

Try and configure port security feauture, below are the commands to perform the same 

http://www.h3c.com.hk/Technical_Support___Documents/Technical_Documents/Switches/H3C_S3610[S5510]_Series_Switches/Configuration/Operation_Manual/H3C_S3610[S5510]_OM-Release_5309-6W100/06-Security_Volume/200905/633314_1285_0.htm

I hope this information is helpful 

Thanks and regards 

I am a HPE Employee
RAMAKIRAN
Occasional Contributor

Hi..Thanks for your valuable information

I have one more query.... we are using avaya Phones ,connection is Switch port to Phone to user,as a hybrid port.and using dot1x authentication.authentication procesess is happening well.but once user disconnect from phone ,user MAC is not releasing that particular port.due to this invalid user also authenticating with same port.

For this need "Port-security mac move permit".this command is not available in comware 5.2 version.My all switches are running in 5.2version.So please help me how to do MAv-move in comware 5.2 ver...

robson2310
Visitor

Hi:

I've such issue, too. How do you solve it? I can't find anywhare valuable answers?