New Discussion

Re: EOL and EOS date for Switches

SOLVED
Go to solution
Aqashova
Occasional Advisor

EOL and EOS date for Switches

Hi,team.

Please help to find EOL and EOS dates for my switches.

HP 2920-24G-POE+ switch -Product number:J9727A for both of them.

7 REPLIES 7
-Alex-
HPE Pro

Hello  Aqashova,

Please find it on the link below:

https://techlibrary.hpe.com/docs/products/eos/Aruba%202920%20Switches%20-%20June%202017%20-%20External.pdf 

Hope this helps!

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Aqashova
Occasional Advisor

Hello @-Alex- ,

Thank you for link but there is no info about end of support or service date.I need also this info.

techin
Super Advisor

@Aqashova , just curious by seeing so many of your posts for EOS and EOL dates. Are you using this for documentation?

Aqashova
Occasional Advisor

Yes @techin 

I need all hpe products(that we are using) eol/eso for my company documentations.

-Alex-
HPE Pro

Hello Aqashova,

I am not sure what do you mean by service - is it warranty support or software engineering support. But engineering support usually is 5 years after EOS. It is stated on the link of the document below. I would recommend if you need very specific details in regards to the support and service of your product as they may be covered with contracts or may have different service to discuss this with your sales representative or HPE channel partner.

https://techlibrary.hpe.com/us/en/networking/products/eos/information.aspx#.YWU6yGLP2bg 

There are also warranty statements which include different products which you might check:

Warranty Information - HPE Networking | HPE®

You may check the quick reference and HPE Networking Product Warranty & Support Summary on the page.

Hope this helps!

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Aqashova
Occasional Advisor

Yes, @-Alex- . I needed it engineering support not warranty.Thank you for information however I have one more question about EOS. Did you envisage EOS like end of sale? If it was like it,It will be solve my problem but if EOS means end of service ,it is complicated.

Thank you in advance

-Alex-
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello Aqashova,

I usually use EOS - end of sale and EOL - end of life as terms for the product lifecycle. Also you may check it as the documents which I refer are using the term EOS for End of sales. In the above links to documents you may check for other devices which you may be using as well in your organization. As the EOL document states:

"Product support from HPE will generally be for 5 years from the End of Sale date but HPE may reduce or extend this timeframe to address business and market conditions. Please contact your HPE sales representative or HPE channel partner to discuss product specific support and service needs for your business."

Hope this helps!

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo