1752354 Members
5409 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP 1810-48G J9660A firmware recovery, web interface unavailable

worlock92
Occasional Visitor

HP 1810-48G J9660A firmware recovery, web interface unavailable

Good day. I apologize in advance for my level of English, I am from Russia. I am using an HP 1810-48G J9660A Switch. Power outage occurred during the firmware update process. Now, after startup and initialization, all ports of the switch are inactive, none of the ports are working, resetting to factory settings did not help. How can I restore the firmware of the switch? There is no external console port, but there is a connector labeled COM on the switch board. I understand that through this port I can restore the device, but I need instructions on how to proceed. An RS-232 cable is available, but I do not know how to establish a connection with the device.

4 REPLIES 4
akg7
HPE Pro

Hi,

Kindly go through below link for HP V1810-48G Switch Installation and Getting Started Guide and refer pg.5 for reset and clear button.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=c02879280

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
worlock92
Occasional Visitor

no, this method does not help now. most likely, the firmware of the switch is damaged. none of the switch port is working, so there is no way to connect to the web interface

akg7
HPE Pro

Hi,

In this case, kindly log a ticket with support.

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
chaos64

I have a similar problem. There are two firmware images in the switch: "active" and "backup". If one is corrupt we need to boot from the other.

In my case after uploading firmware PK.1.38 into "active", then switching to backup firmware PK.1.4 my switch blocked the Telnet console access, and DOES NOT RESTORE IT AFTER THE FULL FACTORY RESET. This is contrary to the user manual which claims Telnet will be restored to 192.168.2.10:23. I need the console access to enable/configure/disable IGMP on the ports, as the Web interface offers no configuration for IGMP.

The solution for both of us is probably through the RS232 interface on the board. There are two IDC10 connectors on the circuit board. Using an oscilloscope, on the most likely connector of the two, I see activity one particular pin after the factory reset sequence is initiated. So Pin 5 is very likely the RS232 TXD, with Pin3 to the left being RXD.

I think you are right that your switch can be fixed through this port, so long as the firmware which drives the RS232 is still functional. 

Do you have the IDC10-->DB9 cable to bring the RS232 signals out to a RS232-->USB adapter cable?

Have you ever used a console program such as PuTTY or Telnet?

If not you will be on a steep learning curve!