Web and Unmanaged
1752782 Members
6344 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP 1810-48G can't see on Network

MasterMark

HP 1810-48G can't see on Network

We are using an HP 1810-48G switch . I would like to open up it's GUI interface but I can not

see it on my network when I run an IP Scanner or the HP Discovery Tool. I have close to 40

users on the switch and everything is working (accessing internet , network drives etc...)  The

1810 does not have a Console port and I hate to take a chance and reset switch to factory. Anyone

have any idea what is going on? When I orignally installed I set the static IP.. But it is no longer

at that address.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
16again
Respected Contributor

Most likely, only the management interface crashed.
Try cycling power. (This will keep the current config.)  end check for firmware update

MarkosV
Advisor

You cloud also check your dhcp leases logs (search for the switch mac address) to find out the assigned IP. The switch requests DHCP by default.

EricAtHP
Esteemed Contributor

If you have another switch in your environment, you could also look at the LLDP neighbor information. The details will give you the IP address.

francoisribiere
Visitor

I had to manage recently the same equipment. To do this, I have taken a local PC, server, laptop (whenever) and defined a second IP address to my Windows (it will be the same solution on Linux).

This 2nd IP must be in the range 192.168.2.0/24, due to the HPE switch IP defaulty set to "192.168.2.10".

Open a web brower and connect it! :)