4895 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP 1910-8G-PoE+ (180W) Switch

LexBer
Occasional Contributor

HP 1910-8G-PoE+ (180W) Switch

Hello

We buy HP 1910-8G-PoE+ (180W) Switch. Than we switch him in PoE mode (green light near button flashing - mean PoE mode) and we connect 4 cameras Beward BD4330RVZX in switch and connect him into our network. All 4 diods where we connect cameras start light green - so PoE ok. But only 1 camera start working. Other even dont ping. When i take out working camera - one of 3 cameras start work but other 2 still dont ping. I take out this camera an one of 2 camras start working... Than we take stand alone PoE injectors and turn on cameras in them - all cameras start work normally! So why 4 cameras didnt work in HP 1910-8G-PoE+ (180W) Switch normally and all together?!

P.S. This thread has been moved from Switches, Hubs, Modems (Legacy ITRC forum) to  Web and Unmanaged. -HP Forum Moderator

6 REPLIES 6
Vince-Whirlwind
Honored Contributor

I'd try playing with:

Disconnect all but 2 cameras.

in POE > POE - select "Port Setup"

Select the port for the camera that is working.

check the "Power Max" checkbox and try putting in a max power setting. Try 12, 16, 19, whatever - find out the lowest value that allows the camera to keep working.

Now check the 2nd camera that wasn't working and see if it has come up.

Otherwise, I would try:

in POE > POE - select "PSE Setup"

Under "Non-Standard PD Compatibility" select "Enable".

Also, before putting these cameras on your network: configure a firewall rule that blocks all traffic from the cameras to the internet. Preferably put them in their own subnet on a seperate VLAN to everything else. Ensure you have no NAT rule that allows the cameras to traverse your gateway.

LexBer
Occasional Contributor

Ok. I turn on all 5 cameras in switch and  go on web interface. In PoE i see next situation

2 cameras work normally

1st have 18-19% and 

Port State Priority Max Power(mW) Average Power(mW) Peak Power(mW) Free Power(mW)

GE1/0/7  enable Low 30000 5595 6000 24400

2d have 13-14% and

GE1/0/2 enable High 30000 4126 6600 25800

3 cameras that didn work have 3-9% and  

GE1/0/1 enable High 30000 1181 2400 29100

GE1/0/3 enable High 30000 1082 2100 28900

GE1/0/4 enable High 30000 1080 1400 28900

So they have low Average Power and Peak Power - why? I enable all that u say and disable it - nothing changed. 

And PSE ID

PSE ID Location State Max Power (W) Average Power(W) Peak Power(W) Available Power(W)

1 slot 1 subslot 0 on 180 13 15 168

Vince-Whirlwind
Honored Contributor

If I understand correctly, your power budget is 168, and each camera is reserving 30, which means 5 should power up.

I wonder if your issue is something else - where are your cameras getting DHCP from? Is that scope full? 

Or, is there something funny going on with the MAC addresses - check each camera has its own MAC address in case somebody has configured a manual address on them that is duplicated.

The cameras you can't ping - do they appear to be receiving power though?

LexBer
Occasional Contributor

All cameras have static IP, and they all work normaly with standalone PoE injectors, so i dont think that problem in MAC adres. Cos 2 cameras work normal - it different cameras (for example camera A and camera B). And when i try to connect another 3 cameras (same as camera A that of already connected) - they didnt work. But when i disconect working camera A - another camera A start work and etc. Camera B work always. Other cameras have only 4-9% in power receive and dont ping.

DJokinen
Occasional Advisor

Sorry for waking up an old thread, but I see no answer to this and I have the exact same problem too.

Did you ever find a resolve to this?

I just bought this exact same switch for a customer and connected 4 access points to it. They receive only minimal power and not the full 30w they should. I have experimented with the PoE port settings (all on critical) and the PSE ID setting (enabled) but no extra power...

AndersZH

Having the excact same problem. Have connected two Cisco Aironet 2700 series Access Points. Both report that they only get standard PoE (15,4W) from the switch... Also with only 1 AP connected... Have tried all kinds of things (firmware upgrades, only one AP, etc, etc). Inserting a regular PoE+ power injector instead makes everything work.

This switch model seems to be broken on it's PoE+ :-((

/Anders