HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Web and Unmanaged
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP 1910 with DHCP client enable in vlan affect the network performance ?

leortiz
Occasional Advisor

HP 1910 with DHCP client enable in vlan affect the network performance ?

Hello.
Yes this is the problem, we have installed 8 new HP1910 switches, but the people that install the switches dont configured the vlan 1, and this get a DHCP IP, after some days the network start getting slow and slow, so i looked the incorret IP's and reconfigure it for a static ip and the network back stay stable and fast....
Dont have VLAN's and the switches and computers are in the same network (/16)
All switches are in a 10.200.40.0/16
The DHCP Pool is for 10.200.218.0-10.200.200.0

Someone have a good idea that what happens here ? o.O

At vlan 1 had just a config for dhcp, like this -> ip address dhcp-alloc

Cant remember if have one more configuration.....

1 REPLY
Apachez-
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP 1910 with DHCP client enable in vlan affect the network performance ?

I would never use dhcp for infrastructure components such as routers and switches.

I would guess that in your case you got some rogue dhcp server in your network which for some reason made your 1910 switches to push traffic through one of the client ports instead (for example every traffic pass through a 100Mbit connection instead of the proper flows through 1gbit uplinks).

There could also be somebody issuing arp spoofing (to let the clients think this client is the defgw instead of the real defgw), other methods to screw up the topology is through spanning-tree among other methods.

What you should do (since the people mounting the equipment obviously didnt know what to do) is to create a "hardened" config for your switches and apply that through your network.