New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP 1920-24G Vlan configuration

SOLVED
Go to solution
Server_IT-Admin
Occasional Collector

HP 1920-24G Vlan configuration

Hi,

I am trying to configure VLAN Concept at HP 1920-24G switch.

I am setting up Windows Based Radius Server(NPS) in my platform, i have 3 switches & a AP between my firewall(testing phase) interlinked to each other.

I configured VLAN option at HP Switch using GUI mode, from firewall to HP Switch-1 i connected a uplink cable at port no 1 which is changed to Trunk Mode, from HP Switch-1 interlinked a cable from Port 2 to HP Switch-2 at Port No 1(both the Port 2 & Port 1) are changed to Trunk Mode, again from HP Switch-2 at Port No 2 connected one more uplink cable to HP Switch-3 at Port No 1(both Port 2 & Port 1) are changed to Trunk Mode.

Finally at HP Switch-3 connected one patch cable at port 23 for my Access point which too changed to Trunk Mode(that didn't worked so changed once to Tagged mode, neither works).

Can anyone please suggest me the right configuration of vlan configuration, as when client tries to connect the WiFi SSID it gets connected but IP not getting assigned based on VLAN ID.

Any help please!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP-Browniee
Respected Contributor

Hello

• What vlans are you using?
  • How are the vlans configured over your trunk links?
  • Do you have a pvid configured?
  • Are you using an Instant AP?

Server_IT-Admin
Occasional Collector

• What vlans are you using?  ------ I didn't understand this, i have created 2 VLAN IDs eg:10,20 the same configured at UniFi AP( i am using HP 1920 24G switch, i dont know if it is capable of routing and will act like L3 Switch).
  • How are the vlans configured over your trunk links? --- Between the Firewall I have 3 HP Switches so i created VLAN 10,20 at all 3 switches and the uplink port from firewall to HP-1 at Port No: 1 is made to Trunk, later from HP-1 at port 2 connected a uplink cable to HP-2 at Port 1 that too made as Trunk, from HP-2 connected one more uplink cable at Port 3 to HP-3 at Port 1 that too made as Trunk, the same at HP-3 connected my AP at Port 23.
  • Do you have a pvid configured? No I didn't configured PVID instead at HP-3 on Port 23 i tagged by adding the vlan id 10,20
  • Are you using an Instant AP? Instant AP by means??? i am using UniFi AP.

Thanks for your reply.!! Kindly Confirm me i have to Trunk all the Uplink Port and need to configure the AP connected Port to PVID?????

Can you please suggest me!

Server_IT-Admin
Occasional Collector
Solution

Just Resolved, since the issue was in the configuration of VLAN ID & DHCP Relay at firewall.

Tagged all the Uplink\Downlink\AP Connected ports with both VLAN IDs, created 2 VLANs at firewall below the existing interface and assiged the static IP of both the DHCP Scope's Gateway IP.

When client connects to SSID it goes through AP to Switch that takes to Firewall and that directs to DHCP Relay, DHCP broadcasts the IP through Switch and AP, AP delivers the right IP based on its Network Table configured in AP.