5892 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP 1920-24G cannot configure Link Aggregation connect to ESXi 6.0

angkorcambodia1
Occasional Visitor

HP 1920-24G cannot configure Link Aggregation connect to ESXi 6.0

Hi Everyone,

I have problem with HP Switch model 1920-24G, Always I configure link Aggregation 4 ports of this Switch that connect to ESXi 6.0. It always disconnection all virtul server in this ESXi 6.0 host. It is no any error message. But we cannot configure Link Aggregation that we want. For now this server running ESXi without configure link aggregation on HP Switch.

Here is my link that follow configuration. https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1004048 

Best Regards,

Mr. Sokhom

4 REPLIES 4
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: HP 1920-24G cannot configure Link Aggregation connect to ESXi 6.0

If your VMware ESXi 6 hypervisor is configured with a VSS (vSphere Standard Switch) - instead of VDS (vSphere Distributed Switch [*]) - and, on aggregated vNIC related ports of your Virtual Switch, you've set the Load Balancing policy to be exactly "Route based on IP Hash" (which is not the typical default value) ...then you should use Static (no LACP) Port Trunking on your Switch.

Did you tried that way?

[*] VDS is usually found when more than one VMware ESXi hypervisor host is available in a deployment and such ESXi hypervisors are all managed through the VMware vCenter Server.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
angkorcambodia1
Occasional Visitor

Hi Parnassus,

So I had tried your question already but it does not working too.

Please any idea for this case?
Best Regard,
Mr. Sokhom

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Wrong link above?

Try to post some screenshots ESXi 6 side and 1920-24G side.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
TheSpark

The default hashing algoritm for Link Aggregation of the 1920 switch is Layer 2 or MAC-addressing.

The examples of VMware are based on Layer 3 or IP addressing. You can change the load-sharing mode of the switch in the commandline which needs a reboot of the switch it seems..

link-aggregation load-sharing mode destination-ip source-ip

To change it back : 

link-aggregation load-sharing mode destination-mac source-mac

In my situation, I have also 1810 switches and they can not be changed. So I am stuck on layer 2

Then you will have to choose mac source addressing in the VMware teaming option 

Kind regards

Alex