1753538 Members
5110 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP 1920-24G schedule reboot datetime format

toniino38
Occasional Advisor

My Network -> My Support -> Select a (registered?) Product -> Web Case Support (support by E-mail) -> Case Submission.

Thank you. 

I'm curious how support will handle this.  You're using CLI, which officially isn't supported.

Yes, officially isn't supported but I don't require a correction. It is just for knowledge then they will do as they like :)

It will be interesting to see.

parnassus
Honored Contributor

The day (maybe never if nobody issue a Feature Request) the HPE OfficeConnect 1920 Switch Series will let to schedule a reboot through its Web GUI with NTP enabled...well...that day this issue will become officially relevant!

Until that day, as it was pointed out, it's just additional specific knowledge we gained by trials and errors.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Kampfsemmel
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for your analysis. You guys are awesome and just saved me a lot of hassle.
I guess for reboots/upgrades outside of business hours I'll have to revert to using an
old-fashioned alarm clock and logging into my office from home.

<sarcasm>How could anyone possibly make better use of his free time?</sarcasm>

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Yeah!

My take: we all will start to have real free time the day devices will auto-manage themself in total autonomous way (so any actual implemented auto-xxx feature will be interesting if useful and robust enough to not cause unnecessary unwanted disruptions on running devices if compared to the same without that auto-xxx feature enabled)...at present time we have just two options regarding correctly working devices: (a) forget them until they break and (b) manage them to avoid they break.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner