Web and Unmanaged
1751691 Members
4933 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP 1920-8G (JG920A) can't upgrade firmware error "No enough space for uploading the file"

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sir Timbit
Occasional Advisor

HP 1920-8G (JG920A) can't upgrade firmware error "No enough space for uploading the file"

Hi there,

Title pretty much says it all...I have a new HP 1920-8G switch (JG920A), with software 5.20.99 Release 1105. Unboxed it. Just logged in. Haven't configured anything else. Am trying to install the most recent firmware I found here, JG920A-CMW520-R1108.bin.

When I go to Device Maintenance > Software Upgrade > point to the downloaded BIN file and apply. The web interface responds with "Upgrading software ........." but stops after about 10 seconds saying "Failed to upgrade software. No enough space for uploading the file."

So how do I apply the update?

Thanks in advance,

Sir Timbt

2 REPLIES 2
Sir Timbit
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Re: HP 1920-8G (JG920A) can't upgrade firmware error "No enough space for uploading the file&qu

Found the solution elsewhere...Doing the steps below did the trick....

"I have come across this. The flash cards supplied with HP 1920 switches are pathetically small (32MB in my instance). 1920 firmware is 12MB, and the switch always keeps two copies тАУ one main, one backup. Therefore there is no space for the updated binary file.

You need to delete one of the old binaries to give you space to upload the new one.

In Web Management Platform, use Device > File Management, or alternatively you can boot into the Extended BootWare menu and use TFTP if that is preferred.

If you get a corruption you can always use Extended BootWare to recover."

deanr

Re: HP 1920-8G (JG920A) can't upgrade firmware error "No enough space for uploading the file&am

Cannot get any file to delete using web mang. Can you explain how to delete using this method only with a HP 1620-8G.

Thanks,