Web and Unmanaged
1752488 Members
5672 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP 1920-8G firmware, where to download?

SOLVED
Go to solution
OleJo
Visitor

HP 1920-8G firmware, where to download?

Hello Everyone,

can someone please point me to the firmware download page for the 1920-8G switch.

Unfortunatly this can't be found aymore via the support page nor via the OfficeConnect portal.

I wish HPE changes back to the old support pages, most software/firmware were easier to find then.

Cheers, Ole

4 REPLIES 4
parnassus
Honored Contributor
Solution

OleJo wrote: Hello Everyone,can someone please point me to the firmware download page for the 1920-8G switch.

Here we go:

• go here.
  • enter the product name (Switch series), model or - better - the SKU (in you case the SKU is exactly JG920A)
  • press "Search"
  • go to the link provided to see all released Firmwares and related Release Notes (that's your case).

OleJo wrote: Unfortunatly this can't be found aymore via the support page nor via the OfficeConnect portal.

I wish HPE changes back to the old support pages, most software/firmware were easier to find then.

Cheers, Ole

I agree with you. Luckily there are other paths to reach Networking firmware related downloads, as the one provided above; the new HPE Support Portal is far from being effective (at least speaking about Networking firmware related downloads, Server related searches are still suffering a little bit too).

Another strange thing is that HPE OfficeConnect 1920 Switch Series, despite being part of OfficeConnect, is not listed on HPE OfficeConnect Support portal...maybe because it was superseded by 1920S...who knows?

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
OleJo
Visitor

Thanks Parnassus,

this helps me a lot. I wasn't aware of this path, as I'm more used to server support.

I'm just stopping my comments about the new support pages, our HPE key account manager is more suitable for the rant ;).

Anyhow, at least there are kind people here in the community.

Cheers Ole 

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Glad you find the info useful!

OleJo wrote:I'm just stopping my comments about the new support pages, our HPE key account manager is more suitable for the rant ;).

Yeah, I know what you mean.

We (HPE Community active and returning users), after initial moments during which we felt lost (I speak for myself here), are trying to be positive and constructive providing all required feedbacks directly and indirectly...things are necessarily moving on and some improvements were already implemented (some not)...it still lacks some of the nice things the past portal had or still it has flaws and all were discussed on this hot thread here...if you have some spare time give it a read you would find it quite interesting...undoubtly your HPE Key Account Manager will help the cause but you can provide some feedback too.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
BA5200662

I don't understand this.

HP is such a big company, but the support is so bad. It's very difficult these days to find even a simple firmware update!