HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Web and Unmanaged
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP 1920 and IP v6

Dunky
Regular Advisor

HP 1920 and IP v6

I am guessing the answer is going to be no, but is it possible to bin all IPv6 traffic at the point of ingress (i.e. on the interface).

The reason I ask is because I beleive there may be some intel NICs on new laptops that are having a massive IPv6 neighbour discovery storm when they are supposed to be asleep.  Given that we dont run IPv6 and the clients do not come under my remit, I need to bin this traffic before it gets onto the LAN if at all possible?

5 REPLIES
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: HP 1920 and IP v6

I guess it would be possible by using IPv6 ACL Access Control List VLAN related (sort of packet filtering) to deny such type of ingress undesired traffic (QoS menu -> ACL IPv6 sub-menu)...try to see if the Configuring ACLs chapter of HPE OfficeConnect 1920 Switch Series User Guide is the right place to start with.

Dunky
Regular Advisor

Thanks Parnassus, I will have a look at that next time I am in the office.
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Probably related to your request: it looks like HPE already knows who is potentially causing massive IPv6 multicast traffic which floods...impacting globally on switch performances (read here).

Dunky
Regular Advisor

Many thanks parnassus, that looks really useful.

Now if only there was a way of seeing the peak %utilization of an interface on a 1920!!

Dunky
Regular Advisor

Does anyone know how to stop all IPv6 traffic on an interface?

Will this do it...

acl ipv6 number 3010
 description Bin all IPv6 traffic
 rule 10 deny ipv6 destination any

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/n

packet-filter ipv6 3010 inbound