New Discussion

Re: HP 1920 - extreme slow VLAN routing

SOLVED
Go to solution
yurezg2
Occasional Advisor

HP 1920 - extreme slow VLAN routing

i have new HP 1920-24G Switch JG924A, Software Version 5.20.99 Release 1106

there are 2 vlans on it - vlan200 (servers) and vlan201 (workstations)

i want to route between these vlans and assign vlan ip to each of vlan, i can see routing table

all servers have default gateway as vlan200 ip

all workstations have default gateway as vlan201 ip

if i plug some workstation in vlan201 access port, then i have transfer speed between this ws and some server 100kbps-1mbps

if i change this port to vlan200 access port (server vlan), i have transfer speed on the same workstation between ws and server - 100Mbps.

also i have several workstations in vlan201 without this transfer speed problem.

my network topology is a little bigger then i describe here, but i think its not important at this time

have you any idea, why in some cases i have extremely slow network speed?

thanks

18 REPLIES 18
yurezg2
Occasional Advisor

p.s.: enabling/disabling/deleteing antivirus software on both sides takes no effect

johnk3r
Respected Contributor

Good problem. Have you done the analysis using wireshark / tcpdump?

ATP FLEXNETWORK V3 | ACSA
yurezg2
Occasional Advisor

started on both sides, on workstation and server, wireshark shows the same pare Source-Dest (dest-source on the other side) with the same traffic ant layer 2 and at layer 3

vlan 1 -> vlan200 - speed id 100kbps-1mbps

just only changing vlan on access port of workstation (to vlan200, the same as destination server vlan) takes me to full speed

after 2 weeks testing i think its routing software error on l3 switch 1920-24g

also, another WS in vlan1, plugged at the same switch as previous WS, has no transfer speed problem while communitating wuth vlan200

yurezg2
Occasional Advisor

i found a lot of records with "TCP segment of a reassembled PDU" in wireshark running n "slow" ws

trying to find any info about it

Apachez-
Trusted Contributor

Could you paste current config along with port counters?

Could be faulty cable or interface (either at switch side or client side).

yurezg2
Occasional Advisor

files you are asked for are attached

its config of switch that route my subnets

at fact i just began to employ vlans on my old running network, create some vlans and attach some servers / workstations to them

but routing is slow and its no matter, if server and ws attached to the same phisical switch (but different vlans) or to different switches

Achim_B
Occasional Advisor

We have exactly the same Problems at our Office. We have 4 different 1920-24g (JG924A) and on all of them the same problems with Layer 3 Routing.
Is here at least one person who has “normal” speed on routed connections thru this Switch?
(on more than 2 VLAN and more than 2 computers)

eggcurry
Visitor

Having this problem too. We have an HP 1920 24G with a small number of VLANS configured. Initially speeds are as you would expect but they drop off significantly after about 24 hours. Rebooting the switch seems to rectify the issue but speeds drop away again to a paltry 1-2 MB/sec.

Our ADSL router can do better than this and is significantly cheaper.

Anyone considering buying one of these ( HP 1920 24G ) please save yourself the hassle. They do not work properly and support is non-existant, just look at this forum.

Achim_B
Occasional Advisor

We are folloing some ARP issues at the moment...after deleting the dynamic ARP entrys speed goes up again...