Web and Unmanaged
1752679 Members
5549 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP 1920S, Mangement Interface, Certifcate, FW Update - Trouble, trouble, trouble ...

HP-Browniee
Respected Contributor

Re: HP 1920S, Mangement Interface, Certifcate, FW Update - Trouble, trouble, trouble ...

You are on a HPE community sir. We don't work for HPE. That means we are trying voluntarily to help  you.

And clearly you already know everything, so if you don't want our help, go open an HPE support case and stop insulting us.

Have a great day

AndreasWWW
Occasional Advisor

i want to report bugs in fw 1.07 and much more bad in fw 1.08,

i tell you management doesn´t  work over tagged management vlan, and you tell me twice something about it´s a feature of the untagged management port ...  don´t answer if you don´t read or don´t understand

Vince-Whirlwind
Honored Contributor

I've reviewed this post to see where I might have misunderstood.
Here is what you have told us:
We have defined management interface 
I can use the defined management port on switch for directly access via web
The Problem is the using of a managemnt Port in V01.08. If you define one, you can only manage the Switch over THIS Port, (not any longer over other ports in the correct management VLAN.). And this management port will be automatically an untagged VLAN-Port.

It all seems pretty clear.
And the manual says
Access to the management software can also be controlled by the selection of a management port. 
and
If a management port is configured, access to the switch is restricted to that port. 
I'll type that again, nice and slow for you:
If a management port is configured, access to the switch is restricted to that port. 

So what you are describing is *exactly* the behaviour the manual describes.
If the manual says it should behave that way, why would you call it a "bug"?

So I'm not sure what your problem really is - do you understand the word "restricted"?