4480 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP 1920S does not accept SFP...

Tor Tveitane
Occasional Contributor

HP 1920S does not accept SFP...

Hi,

We have a bunch of 1910 switches where we use TP-Link' SM321A/B SFP modules.  These have been working flawlessly for years.

However when I insert one of these SM321 SFPs into a new 1920S switch, the port's status LED and the switch error LED start to blink slowly.  Why is there an incompatibility with 1920S and this generic SFP?  Any setting I can modify to get it working..?

Thanks a lot for comments on this.

regards Tor

2 REPLIES 2
parnassus
Honored Contributor

@Tor Tveitane wrote: Why is there an incompatibility with 1920S and this generic SFP?  Any setting I can modify to get it working..?

Why instead there should be a sort of "granted" and/or "inherited" compatibility with a 3rd party SFP Transceiver when we're speaking about two differents Switch series (1920S versus 1910)?

HPE OfficeConnect 1920S requires you to use HPE supported SFP Transceivers...that's it...and HPE OfficeConnect 1920S is not HPE OfficeConnect 1910...so what it works/worked on 1910 can't be automatically used (and pretend it to work) on 1920S.

HPE OfficeConnect 1920S (an embedded Linux) doesn't run on the same network operating system the 1910 run (Comware 5).

Have you ever considered to read HPE OfficeConnect 1920S QuickSpecs to understand what SFP Transceivers (HPE SKUs) are suitable/supported?

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Spudz
Regular Visitor