Web and Unmanaged
1753774 Members
6201 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP 1950 POE keeps losing the config after a power cut...

School44
Occasional Visitor

HP 1950 POE keeps losing the config after a power cut...

We have got multiple HP 1950 POE switches and they seem to be losing all the settings after a power cut. We definitely press 'Apply' and 'Save Config' before we exit.

Any help would be appreciared?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
mmilev
HPE Pro

Hi,

I understand that on 1950 after saving the config on the WEBGUI and after reboot the config does not appear to be saved.

Has the saving of the config this ever worked?

What kind of config you are trying to save?

I have tested on JG963A 1950 48G 2SFP+ 2XGT PoE+ running on 3116P05  (an old one) and there is no issue.

For example changing the name of a port – Apply (after scrolling down) and then Save Config (on the upper left side) is enough to save the running config to the startup.

Please do one more test and after saving the config please verify from Device/Configuration/View running config if the right changes are done in the running config.

Also from Device/Diagnostics you could collect diagnostic information, save them on your PC and there you could see the startup configuration as well. Search for display saved-configuration and verify if the right changes are done in the startup config.

You could also try to upgrade your 1950 switch to the latest one.

(Beware that the codes are different based on the switch hardware – if it has XG ports only or just the uplinks are XG).

https://techlibrary.hpe.com/OfficeConnect/?SKU=JG963A

Hope this helps.

Regards

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

School44
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for your reply. Just wanted to confirm thata  reboot keeps the configuration settings and no issues. Only when we lose the power say for 5 minutes (Powercut), it loses all the configuration. All the switches of this model behave in a similar way.

Any help would be appreciated.

mmilev
HPE Pro

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

So after reboot the configuration remains the same but after you power cycle it for some time the config of all your 1950 is lost.

Have you just tried to power cycle it for some seconds (not for 5 minutes) to see if the behavior is the same?

Have you also tested with latest 1950 version?

In any cases I believe you need to open a ticket to the HPE support and to provide them with the “display diag” output of some of the affected 1950.

Best regards

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo