Web and Unmanaged
1752805 Members
5346 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Procurve 1810G-24 "Auto DoS" prevents NIS and NFS!

Gerben Roest
Occasional Advisor

HP Procurve 1810G-24 "Auto DoS" prevents NIS and NFS!

I have briefly enabled "Auto DoS" on the switch, and it turns out that ironically it does a Denial of Service "attack" on the NIS and NFS protocol in the Linux cluster that is connected to it. Disabling "Auto DoS" makes everything work fine again.

Gerben

P.S. This thread has been moved from Switches, Hubs, Modems (Legacy ITRC forum) to Web and Unmanaged. -HP Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
guilc
Visitor

Hi,

Confirmed this on a 1810G-8, using the last firmware (P.2.2 at this time). This "Auto DoS" feature blocks NFS (NFSv4 in my case) : ip packets come in, but never come out from the switch, juste like a black hole.

And to notice : disabling the feature was not sufficient to make it work again. I had to do a hard factory reset (factory reset from the web gui did nothing) to make it work again.

It seems that this option is stickying somewhere in the configuration, even after disabling it !

Thanks for your post: I found it with google and it helps me to go the right track !

This really deserve a fix for a future firmware... Or remove this broken feature...

[Edit]

Just for completeness: even the first SYN packet emitted when mount the NFS share is blocked. So It must probably be about TCP flags combination or something like that

schte-bo
Occasional Visitor

this is really annoying....

can confim this.

latest firmware was installed must be 2.2 or 2.10

"cost" me the last 5 days + christmas to find out, that our procurve switches was the problem....

please solve this bug