7615 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

HP switch problem JG962A#ABA

saiful1
Visitor

HP switch problem JG962A#ABA

Hi,

can you help me, i have problem with the switch HPE JG962A#ABA, i can't configure because all port is shutdown,may you help me how to solving this problem, i'll try console with rs323 still can't, i'll try with LAN straight cable, still can't open the switch. please help me, ungently.

thank,

saiful

3 REPLIES 3
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: HP switch problem JG962A#ABA

First of all the HPE SKU JG962A means you're playing with an HPE OfficeConnect 1950 24G 2SFP+ 2XGT PoE+ Switch.

Give a watch to this YouTube video to learn how to reset the HPE OfficeConnect 1950 Switch (or other similar) series...that's for starting from a known status...I advice to do so because you didn't write anything about what is the actual status and history of your unit. So start fresh...and learn how to manage it through Console (RS.232) and then how to set an IP Address on Management VLAN1 so you can then connect to its Web management interface or through SSH (Initially you unit hasn't an IP address statically set...).

Other interesting YouTube videos about HPE OfficeConnect here.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
saiful1
Visitor

hi, please find an attachment, i send picture i still try to connect with the switch, but still not solved. your solution is different switch series, but same type. the port switch power led is off.  my you have different solution. thank before

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Mate, what attachment should we find?

The link I provided refers exactly to HPE OfficeConnect 1950 Switch series...so what's the real problem?

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner