Web and Unmanaged
1753326 Members
4700 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPE 1920-24G Switch : Hybrid port limité à 100MB ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
OlivierSIGE
Occasional Visitor

HPE 1920-24G Switch : Hybrid port limité à 100MB ?

Bonjour,

J'ai un switch HP 1920-24G dont le port N° 1 à un link type à "hybrid" ce qui me permet de connecter mon serveur de téléphonie IP à ce switch sur un VLAN dédié.

Bien que la vitesse de ce port soit à auto et le port du routeur sur lequel est branché ce switch soit aussi à auto, la négociation se fait uniquement à 100M alors qu'elle devrait se faire à 1GB. Si je force la vitesse à 1GB du côté du routeur je perd la connexion au switch.

D'où ma question : Est-ce qu'un port dont le link type est "hybrid" est limité en vitesse ?

Merci,
  Olivier

Google translated

Hello,

I have a switch 1920-24G HP whose port No. 1 to a link type to "hybrid" which allows me to connect my IP telephony server to this switch on a dedicated VLAN.

Although the speed of this port is auto and the port of the router to which this switch is connected is also auto, trading is only 100M while it should be at 1GB. If I force the speed to 1GB on the side of the router I lose the connection to the switch. Hence my question: Is a port whose link type is "hybrid" is limited in speed?

Thank you,

Olivier

3 REPLIES 3
parnassus
Honored Contributor

@OlivierSIGE wrote: 
Hence my question: Is a port whose link type is "hybrid" is limited in speed?

No, it isn't.

The Speed Port is generally limited by the port type: if you have a link between two 1Gbps ports - once set to Auto - the link speed will be set to 1Gbps...if one port is just 100Mbps and the other is 1Gbps the speed auto-negotiation will set the link speed to the slowest one (100Mbps). Hence the question: are you sure both ports (Switch is 1Gbps Auto for sure as default) provide 1Gbps speed connectivity natively?

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
OlivierSIGE
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Thanks for your answer.

We finnaly found what was the problem : the patch cable was damaged.
We changed it and everything was ok.

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Great you solved. Use always certified - and in good health / fresh new - patch ethernet cables (Cat. 6 or better) if you can, that's to avoid such "Layer 1" issues.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner