5307 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE 1920S Duplex mode negotiation error

lmferraztapia
Occasional Visitor

HPE 1920S Duplex mode negotiation error

Hello dears.

Recently I bought some HPE 1920S switches (PN: JL381A) for my company.

I encountered a problem when I set the switch port to work in the physical mode Full Duplex 100 Mbps.  The NIC of my computer continued working in the physical mode Half Duplex 100 Mbps.

At this point I noticed that any network operation was very slow and to solve this problem I configured the switch port to work in the physical mode Auto Negotiate.

The same computer work correctly with HPE 1920 switch (PN: JG924A). On this switch model I have the option auto negociate for duplex mode for all speeds. On the HPE 1920S switch I don’t have this option. I need to change between full or half duplex mode for speeds 10 or 100 Mbps.

My problem occour only HPE 1920S switch. Why my computer can not negotiate correctly the duplex mode with the HPE 1920S switch?

PS: I used a Cat.6 network cable and my device is in software version PD.01.07.

Thank’s for help me.

Best regards,

Leandro Tapia

1 REPLY 1
valentincubic
Occasional Visitor

Re: HPE 1920S Duplex mode negotiation error

Hello,

In 2020, I experience exactly the same problem as you did in 2018 for a HPE 1920S 24P 2SFP switch. I need to set the physical mode to 100Mbps Full Duplex for some of ports in order to limit the bandwith access (upload/download) for some VLANs to 100Mbps. All the clients I've tried to connect and test they auto-negociate as 100Mbps half-duplex and if I try to manually set the hardware to 100Mbps full duplex the link goes down. For auto-negociation and 1000Mbps works without any problems with full duplex and flow control, but there seem to be an issues with the 100Mbps full duplex connection. I have tried with three different devices and they all come to the same result - MacBook Pro, Asus ZenBook and TP-Link router. That leads to very slow transfer speeds of download and upload.

I updated to the latest firmware version PD.02.12 and it hasn't been fixed at all. I'm talking with the HPE support team and they haven't helped me at all so far, they keep saying they don't see and problem and that they have to make some tests. I will return the product back to the commerciant if I have no luck with the support, I can't have a non-functioning product which affects my business.

Did you find any anwer regarding this matter?

Thank you!