Web and Unmanaged
1748092 Members
5705 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE 1920S will not allow communication between a Cisco WLC 2504 and Cisco Aironet 1852i

LooiHongkeat
Occasional Visitor

HPE 1920S will not allow communication between a Cisco WLC 2504 and Cisco Aironet 1852i

Hi,

We have 1 Cisco Aironet 1702i and 1 Cisco Aironet 1852i connected to HPE OfficeConnect 1920S 24G 2SFP PPoE+ 370W switch. Both APs recevied the POE power, however only the 1702i received the network connectivity and manage to connect to the Cisco WLC. 

Firstly, we thought Advanced security feature in the switch causing the problem. But we have try the forum (https://community.hpe.com/t5/Web-and-Unmanaged/HPE-1920S-will-not-allow-communication-between-a-Ruckus/td-p/7006076) suggestion to turn off the features and result still the same. 

We also have check the LLDP but the AP swtill wouldn't power on and getting the IP from the DHCP. 

Wondering what could be going wrong. Will anyone knowing what causing the issue? Thank you. 

1 REPLY 1
drk787
HPE Pro

Re: HPE 1920S will not allow communication between a Cisco WLC 2504 and Cisco Aironet 1852i

Hi,

Is the AP powering ON or not powering ON, in either cases try modifying the LLDP-MED options and check.

LLDP-MED Global Configuration

LLDP-MED is an enhancement to LLDP that enables:

· Auto-discovery of LAN policies (such as VLAN and Layer 2 Priority settings).

· Device location discovery for creation of location databases.

· Extended and automated power management of Power over Ethernet (PoE) endpoints.

· Inventory management, enabling network administrators to track their network devices and determine their characteristics (manufacturer, software and hardware versions, serial/asset number).

To view and configure global Link Layer Discovery Protocol-Media Endpoint Discovery (LLDP-MED)

settings, click LLDP-MED > Configuration in the navigation pane.

For more information refer page 96 of the below URL:

http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-a00003478en_us-3.pdf

Thank You!
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo