108810 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: hp 1950 linked mode frozen

SOLVED
Go to solution
torinvoin
Visitor

HPE 1950 linked mode frozen

can someone explain why the switch is not active? and I can't choose a route. I searched the entire Internet but didn't find an answer. why do I need a button that doesn't work?

P.S: Admin: Post moved as a new topic from hp 1950 linked mode frozen 

3 REPLIES 3
torinvoin
Visitor

I have two questions
1)I have hpe officeconnect 1950, 48g 2sfp+ 2xgt JG961A, and I can't assign a IP address on certain interfaces, only for VLANs, so should I? I see this option but can't use it why? https://imgur.com/a/nCVdW6A 

2)Tell me more HPE OfficeConnect 1950 12XGT 4SFP+ JH295A has the same features as JG961A? ie, I will not be able to assign IP addresses to interfaces? All L3 support on them ends in SVI? Or JH295A has some advanced features or a different interface?

Now I choose between HP JH295A and Cisco SB 350X, but I do not understand what features HP has, at the moment I think it is less functional?

torinvoin
Visitor

is anyone alive here? chat tech support says there are no available agents. tech support on the phone says write to the mail. those support via email says we nothing to help can not. on forum, too, not whom there. it feels like I'm left alone with hp's switches. 

who knows where to write? I've already searched through all the official manuals and all Google, but I haven't found an answer. 

Ivan_B
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello @torinvoin !

Sorry for the late response!

You can't switch 1950's physical interfaces to 'routed' mode, it is product limitaiton - the ASIC doesn't support it. The reason why this option stays in the GUI is that GUI is used on different platforms where this option exists. Our developers decided to leave it in the interface, but on platforms that do not support this feature it is greyed out.

Hope this helps!

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo