108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPE OficeConnect 1950 Series (JG960A): VLAN & Configuration Conflict

SOLVED
Go to solution
Stelios_M
Advisor

Thank you Parnassus! To get the whole picture...

This is what I was planning:

There are 3 sites:

1. Central Site (Servers, Clients, CCTVs, VMS (Video Management System))

2. Site A (Clients & CCTVs. In the future we may add a VMS to keep the CCTV traffic down if necessary)

3. Site B (Also clients & CCTVs)

Sites A & B are connected with 62.5/125 FO to the Central Site:

Site A ---- Central Site ---- Site B

Now, they have a flat network... My design is as described in the first post for security reasons and limit the broadcast traffic as possible.

So now the only thing that I can do now is to keep, for example, all CCTVs in a VLAN across all sites...

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Your main restriction is that your Core (where IP Routing happens) can manage up to 8 SVIs only...but can define 4094 VLANs...so, if you need to keep routing on the Core you're forced to limit the total number of SVIs it manages...then transporting them to A and B is not an issue...I will keep device with a common function (e.g. Clients) on the very same VLAN if you haven't restrictions to do so (example: each Site owns its Clients VLAN Id...instead of sharing the Clients VLAN Id through the Core to the other Site)...I know...broacast of each site will traverse the FO links to reach the other site and vice versa...but it all depends on restriction you currently have (8 SVIs, the Core doing IP Routing is on central Site, you transport VLANs to Site A and B).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Stelios_M
Advisor

I've an idea... There is also one more 1950 in Site A that is used as a L2 switch.

Think about the following scenario:

We're connecting the two 1950s with a link aggregation using the necessary number of ports. Both Switches will have the same VLANs.

In Swtch 1 we're creating SVIs 1 to 8 and in Switch 2, SVIs 10 to 16.

How does it sound?

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Apart from topology considerations (and no overlapping IP Subnets assigned to SVIs as requirement), you will have TWO IPv4 Router in your network...the one that own SVIs 1 to 8 and the other that own SVIs 10 to 16...IMHO it's not the way to go.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Stelios_M
Advisor

(Content removed)