1748123 Members
3461 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to Enable Telnet and SSH on HPE 1920s OfficeConnect

Tanan

How to Enable Telnet and SSH on HPE 1920s OfficeConnect

Hi All

I want to enable telnet and ssh on 1920s OfficeConnect How to do this ?

Thanks.

28 REPLIES 28
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Are you sure that new HPE OfficeConnect 1920S will let you to enable SSH/Telnet services (if included into the system operating system at all) and thus use them for system configuration?

AFAIK - officially - published supported management methods (Features) are actually: HTTP, HTTPS and SNMP (reference: here).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
mattvh

Hi Tanan

Did you get the answer to the query? I have the same issue.

thank you

nickburnsuy

Hi, I have this issue too. I can't find a way to enable SSH. The Config Guide says "Session Type Shows the type of session, which can be Telnet, Serial, SSH, HTTP, or HTTPS." (page 33), Don't know why the guide mentions SSH if it couldn't be enabled. Maybe it should be enabled in OS first. Regards.
MathiasD
Occasional Advisor

I am having the same problem here. I need to get access trough telnet or ssh, but it just don't exist!! The interface on the http page is horrible, it's missing a lot of functions. The OfficeConnect 1920s series are just horrible. 

JoMa1
Occasional Visitor

SSH and Telnet not working for me either.

Can't figure out how to save changes on these switches.  Very frustrating.  I will not be buying any more of these switches.

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Hello @MathiasD and @JoMa1, the HPE OfficeConnect 1920S Switch series (Embedded Linux operating system based) CAN'T BE compared to the superseded HPE OfficeConnect 1920 Switch series (Comware 5 operating system based): the HPE OfficeConnect 1920S Switch series is Web Manageable only Switch AFAIK...so looking for alternative management modes (Telnet or SSH, supported by the older 1920) is a dead end road.

IMO related documentation must be corrected/redacted to reflect exactly the features that HPE OfficeConnect 1920S Switch series is now supporting...but this subject deserves another thread.

Anybody tried the latest PD.01.07 Firmware build (December, 21st 2017)? see here.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
JoMa1
Occasional Visitor

Just want to clarify my issue.  Don't use Chrome to manage the switch, you don't get the "Apply" button at the bottom which was my issue when trying to save configs.  Support mentioned that any browser but Chrome works fine.

JoMa1
Occasional Visitor

I just updated mine to 01.07, telnet and SSH still don't work.  They added a new option under Maintenance to manage your config files which is nice.

MathiasD
Occasional Advisor

I also updated to 01.07 and now the configuration files option is much better. I'm still afraid of keeping this switch on my netowrk., but it's getting better now, just learnead the basic configurations I need.