1752604 Members
4518 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to Enable Telnet and SSH on HPE 1920s OfficeConnect

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Is this Chrome related limitation you experienced valid also if the Switch runs latest PD.02.08 software version?

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
danielkr
Visitor

Nice catch, sir!  Buttons appear and function in web gui using Chrome and switch FW 2.08.  

Thanks!  I'm glad I tried again.  

danielkr

MOGENS S├ШGAARD
Occasional Contributor

Super nice - makes my day a hole lot easier :-)

Qvazi141

After updating to firmware PD.02.09. This method does not work.

Is there any solution?

C-3PO
Visitor

HP intentionally blocked telnet\ssh on 1920S! Shame on you, HP!
I would sugest just not to upgrage fw to PD.02.09 if you can...just use the old PD.02.06 or PD.02.08 if it works the right way.

If you are on tight budget but need CLI you can look at Ubiquiti ES-48-LITE or ES-24-LITE switches.
If you are accustomed with EOL HP 1905/1910/1920 Commware OS based switches you can look at Huawei or H3C switches which are also Commware based (same GUI & same CLI)

rdonerkaya
Occasional Visitor

HPE OfficeConnect Switch 1920S 48G 4SFP PPoE+ (370W) JL386A Software Version PD.02.12 Operating System Linux 3.6.5

i try to connect with ssh/telnet like you said, bu t i cannot connect it.  i can see config parameters in downloaded config file but it does not work.

can i try another way??

mat5911

What about SSH?
Configuring switches through a web gui is not really enterprise ready. It wastes A LOT of time. Web GUI (and especially those slow ones like on the 1920s) are for private use only. Nobody who knows what he want's to do needs those GUIs!

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Do not forget that HPE OfficeConnect 1920S Switch Series was marketed (and engineered) for the SMB/Small Offices segments (note the "Office" in the name...)...so its management approach (GUI versus CLI) is quite reasonable despite it offers some common features (with limits) we usually associate to enterprise deployments (e.g. IP Routing).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
ahmetgure
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for solution. By the way i could not enable SSH or TELNET on startup config file while i saved configuration. We have not to save any configuration after upload new startup config file, must be rebooted directly.