1753902 Members
9201 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to setup VLANs on 1810G-24

doujind
Occasional Advisor

I have not got something like the 2610 series. Please, help me setting up VLANs on my Procurve 1810G-24.
You said, that I need to tag all the client vlans onto the port that the DHCP server is connected to.
Please, can you describe, how to do it, because I tried everything as it was shown in thread (http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447626+1267165843985+28353475&threadId=1400651), but it doesn't work.
Mohammed Faiz
Honored Contributor

Hi,

The user in the thread that you are linking to was using a router to route between their subnets so your setup isn't the same.
The problem that you have is making sure your DHCP server can see clients on each of the different subnets/VLANs.
You didn't answer the question:

> What switch is your DHCP server connected to?

Read page 7-3 on how to tag VLANs on a port:

http://cdn.procurve.com/training/Manuals/1810G-MgmtCfg-Aug2009-59925475.pdf

To determine whether your DHCP IP addressing config is correct do this:

Statically assign an IP address in, for example, subnet 2 (vlan 2) to a client PC. Connnect that client to a vlan 2 port and see if you can ping the subnet 2 IP on your dhcp server.
If you can't do that then your IP address setup on your DHCP server is wrong.
doujind
Occasional Advisor

To Mohammed Faiz.

DHCP (Proxy) server connects up to Port 1 of this switch.

According to your manual and information received from the forum topics, I did something like it shown in the attached scheme (this is just an example).
But the fact is that computers from the subnets do not see a server connected to the first port, even if the ip-address to enter manually. And, it's actually a fundamental condition.

Would you be so kind to draw schematicly how to correct my scheme.
Mohammed Faiz
Honored Contributor

The attached file doesn't really make sense without any VLAN labels :)
But if I assume that the top is VLAN 1 and the bottom VLAN 2...
Are you saying that you connected a statically addressed client on VLAN 2 and plugged it into either port 4 or 5 and you couldn't ping the VLAN 2 IP address on the DHCP server?
If that is true then the IP addressing on your DHCP is incorrect.
doujind
Occasional Advisor

Why wrong?
Yes, the top VLAN1, the bottom VLAN2.
Without organization VLANs all pinged fine.
So why with VLAN, configured as in the scheme, addressing is incorrect?