1752817 Members
4398 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: IRF MAD LACP capable access switches

Richard Brodie_1
Honored Contributor

IRF MAD LACP capable access switches

Does anyone know/is there any documentation on which access switches support the LACP extensions for IRF MAD in the distribution layer? Comware ones, obviously but would that be all of them? I was thinking of the V1910 in particular.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Comware-Based  to  Web and Unmanaged. -HP Forum Moderator

4 REPLIES 4
Richard Litchfield
Respected Contributor

The LACP extension required to support MAD is currently only found on the Comware switches (ie H3C, 3Com, previously known as A-Series, etc).

The LACP extensions for MAD will soon be incorporated in some of the ProCurve switches (I think the ones with the ProVision ASIC, so 8200, 5400, 3800, and maybe 2920).

The V1910 is a low-end switch (the V stands for value), and it may not support the LACP extensions for MAD.

Note that there are alternative ways of supporting MAD, including BFD and MAC - they may be more suitable in your environment.
Peter_Debruyne
Honored Contributor

I have not tested it, but the 1910 is a comware (web only, limited CLI) switch, so I would expect it to support LACP MAD as well (would be strange to have a different LACP implementation for this switch only,but you never know of course).

Also note that the upcoming releases of most Provision switches will also start supporting LACP MAD (to assist a peer comware IRF system in MAD detection), which is really good news IMO,

Best regards,Peter.

Richard Brodie_1
Honored Contributor

It would be handy to have support in the Provision switches.

Richard Brodie_1
Honored Contributor

I see it's in the release notes for the 2530 (YA.15.14.0002), so that's good news.