108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Importing a configuration file

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jon Koelker
Occasional Advisor

Importing a configuration file

Just purchased some V1810G-24 switches. I've configured one of them and would like to be able to copy that config onto the others. I was able to upload the configuration to my workstation via TFTP; I then used TFTP again to download that file to the new switch. The problem is, it doesn't appear that the switch actually took the configuration - nothing has changed even though the messages I received indicated that the file transfer was successful. I must have overlooked something pretty important. Can anyone give me some advice on the right way to do this? Thanks!

Jon Koelker

Oyster River School Dist.

Durham, NH

4 REPLIES 4
Mik-HPN
Valued Contributor

Re: Importing a configuration file

Did you reboot the switch with or without the Save Configuration box ticked?

HPN Transceiver guru!
Jon Koelker
Occasional Advisor

I believe I re-booted with the box unchecked per the instructions in the configuration guide.....not positive, though. I'll try it again. Did I read iy correctly that the 'save config' box should not be selected?
Mik-HPN
Valued Contributor
Solution

That is correct, the manual states it should be clear if you want the new file to be used otherwise the config will be overwritten with the old.

HPN Transceiver guru!
Jon Koelker
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the help. I think my problem may have been that when the file saved over TFTP it saved it without a file extension; then I re-named the file. Don't know for sure if that was it, but when I did it over HTTP, it saved it as config.bin and then the other switches took it just fine (with the 'don't save configuration' re-boot, of course!).

Thanks again!!