Web and Unmanaged
1753529 Members
5229 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Link Agreggation with different speed ports problem!.

Alfonso2k
Occasional Visitor

Link Agreggation with different speed ports problem!.

Hello friends, first sorry for my English I speak spanish but i will try to do my best.

I have two HP V1910 switches and i want to create a link agreggaeton between them. I can't figure how to do this because on the web configuration, the GUI tell me the port is not configured property.

I have two vlans (vlan1 and vlan2) and i used ports 23 and 24 to do the link agreggation.

I think the problem is the link on port 23 to port 23 (on the other switch) is between a fiber connection and the link between port 24 and port 24 on the other switch is between antennas. 

Is this a problem? I hope you can help me. Thanks to all!.

4 REPLIES 4
16again
Respected Contributor

Re: Link Agreggation with different speed ports problem!.

First of all, you can't bundle a 100 and a 1000Mb/s port.

Maybe the wireless link isn't transparant to LACP packets, so neighbour can't be formed.
Setting the Aggregation mode to static instead of LACP isn't wise:
When wireless connection is down due to antenna problem, the switch port remains up , and traffic will still be sent on wireless port.
If you do get spanning tree working on wireless, you might use that as redundancy protocol.  If multiple VLANS are involved , you can also create active/active situation by using multiple MST instances and playing with priority: some VLANs use fiber, others the wireless link, and on failure of one link, the other link will handle all traffic

Alfonso2k
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for your fast reply. So, Link Agreggation is not an option now, but I can use MSTP, right?.

I've just enable STP on port 23 and 24 in each switch and active LOOP Protection. I didn't realize any extra configuration because i am amateur in STP. But for now, it seems is working fine. When i see the port details of mstp i have ports 24 of each switch in ROOT PORT and ports 23 of first switch is in DESIGNATED and in the other is in ALTERNATED PORT. 

This configuration is ok?. Thanks.

16again
Respected Contributor

STP status looks OK.
You can use loop protection on access ports, but better not use it on ports between switches. 
STP already does it's own loop protection.

Alfonso2k
Occasional Visitor

The ports are hibrid not access port . Is the same? If i shouldnt use loop protection what option i have to choose instead? Thanks for all i feel i am in the right way now