New Discussion юеВ

Re: NIC teaming

Chanklish
Frequent Advisor

NIC teaming

hello 

i have a proliant server and a HP 1910 series switch 

i am looking to team the 2 NICs of the proliant together for better bandwidth

what am i suppose to do on the switch side ?! link aggregate the 2 ports ?

please help 

4 REPLIES 4
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Use LACP (IEEE 802.3ad) on both sides: on HPE ProLiant 2-Ports NIC side, aggregate those two ports using LACP Load Balancing...on Switch side create a LAG with 2 interfaces and use LACP...only then connect two cables between formed LAGs. It should work flawlessly. Better bandwidth is achieved only if traffic to (or from) LACP peer is able to be distributed on both physical links and this depends on hashing algorithm results...these results, for each data flow, depend on various payload parameters (Source/Destination MAC Addresses, Source/Destination IP Addresses and/or Ports...depending on if Hashing happens at Layer 2, 3, or 4).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Chanklish
Frequent Advisor

hello 

thank you for your help 

from theproliant side , it is very clear ..but from the switch side there is several options 

i have LAG and LACP like the photo shows .. which to choose LACP.pngLAG.png

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Select Dynamic (LACP Enabled), select member ports (two in your case, to be paired to ports of your Server's NIC) and you're done. Only then interconnect your HPE ProLiant Server's NIC ports to your two Switch aggregated interfaces. Switch side, LACP System priority can be left at default.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Chanklish
Frequent Advisor

i did what you told me .. link aggregation with LADP 

on the server i chose the following , is this correct ? ping passes normally and i am able to access the server ( it shows 2 Gbps ) 

also i have a 1920 switch and a 1910 ( i can make both 1920 if i want ) .. to connect these i haveonly connected a regular cat6 cable between the two ..it works but can i get more out of them ?

team1.pngteam2.png