1752347 Members
5962 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: OC20 VLAN and multiple SSID

MUtLEY
Occasional Collector

OC20 VLAN and multiple SSID

Hi, I would like to know if the OC20 APs support VLANs and how many SSIDs I can use with an AP.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
johnk3r
Respected Contributor

I have the same questioning ...

ATP FLEXNETWORK V3 | ACSA
K20ji
Established Member

How many SSID do OC20 APs can have?

OC20 Aps can have only 2 SSID one is for main and other one is guest.

SC4

Not verfied through HP but I have found no way to change the SSID.  I bought this access point as a business solution only to find out I have no control over it.  You can't turn off SSID broadcast, you cannot filter Mac addresses, you cannot change security type, cannot manage it with anyting (e.g. a computer browser) except their iphone app whcih does not even work on an ipad.  Unfortunately the documentation does not spell this out.  I have dozens of HP business grade switches that work great.  I assumed in error their wireless AP would also have business grade capabilities.  This is only useful to set up a quick wireless network using an iphone type of device and not have to think about anything.  Unfortunately I have spent more time with this AP than I would with a more capable business grade access point that has management capabilities.  It is not sitting on a shelf waiting until I have a unique need for this or until HP upgrades the firmware to make it useful in my networks.

SC4

Correction .. it can be managed with a browser and also android phone.