1752752 Members
5041 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Problems with v1910

unwiley
Occasional Contributor

Problems with v1910

I'm a cisco guy and this is my first time working with HP gear.  I'm probably missing something simple, but for the life of me I can't figure out what.

First issue: Stack traffic will not traverse an aggregate link.  When i configure the "simple stack" it works great over a single link (the slaves show up in the topology list).  However, if there's is a LAG configured between the switches, slaves will not appear in the list.  I follow the very simple steps in the configuration manual on a brand new switch and get the same result every time.  There's another post about this here, but there are no helpful replies.

Second issue: I have created two VLAN Interfaces (172.16.50.9 and 172.16.60.9 -VLAN 50 and 60 respectively).  When at the switch command line, I can ping the first with no problem (172.16.50.9).  When I ping the second, however, I get

"From 10.32.161.13 : Communication Administratively Prohibited"  I've attached a screenshot.  

I don't have any access lists in place and both VLAN interfaces were created the same way and are both listed as up.  Is the 10.32.161.13 some type of hard-coded managemant IP?  It is not an IP that I have configured anywhere.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

P.S. this thread has been moved from Switches, Hubs, Modems (Legacy ITRC forum) to Web and Unmanaged. - Hp Forum Moderator