7363 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Procurve 1810G-24: Cannot reset, cannot upgrade

Linker3000
Occasional Visitor

Procurve 1810G-24: Cannot reset, cannot upgrade

Hi,

I have a Procurve 1810G-24 switch that started to behave erratically (no switching) so it was pulled from the rack - the first few times I powered it up on the bench the fault light came on, but it seems to get past that now. The switch refuses to reset to factory defaults using any of the possible options (Web interface, reset button or linking ports 1 and 2) and if I try to update the stock firmware (original 1.6), one of two things happen:

If I try to update the active firmware, I get a 'page error' (tried IE and Firefox) when I click the download button and nothing happens

If I try to update the backup firmware, the download runs for a few seconds and then the switch reboots itself.

The dual image page for the switch shows no firmware images present at all.

I did manage to backup a working config from a factory reset 1810G and restore it to my faulty switch but this has not helped.

Obviously, something's corrupt inside the switch but is it recoverable or shall I just bin it?

Thanks

P.S. This thread has been moved from ProCurve / ProVision-Based to Web and Unmanaged - Hp Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
lsteger_VALEOIT
Occasional Visitor

Re: Procurve 1810G-24: Cannot reset, cannot upgrade

Same problem here...

Any solutions?